[Building Sakai] Authenticated smtp?

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu May 28 09:39:23 PDT 2009

Zach A. Thomas wrote:

> Has anyone made Sakai’s email service (outbound) work with an smtp
> server that requires authentication? I notice that Samigo has its own
> settings to permit that. Is that a Sakai-wide option, or do we depend
> on having carte blanche with our mail server?

Samigo USED to have a setting for authenticated SMTP, but those
went away per the commit here:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-11077

This was included in 2.5.0. Take a look at:

http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=rev&revision=33996

to see the changes and how the authenticated SMTP code used to
be.

Frankly, this is something that should be in the regular
SakaiEmail service if it isn't already.

Seth