[Building Sakai] Inheriting from kernel-pom rather than master?

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu May 28 05:08:06 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I've been thinking about our pattern of all projects inheriting from
master, which strikes me as a bit odd as it effectively gives every
Sakai tool a dependency on every other tool (since master lists a
dependency for every api deployed to shared). I did a test with polls
and it seems quite possible to build a Sakai tool that inherits from the
kernel pom instead. In this case the only dependency I had to add was
entity broker. Now this strikes me as a better dependency model, what do
others think?

David