[Building Sakai] Sitebrowser description

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu May 28 01:29:16 PDT 2009

Hi all.

We are experiencing the problems described in the JIRA
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-13149 . This JIRA is
related to another one
(http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15823) where is a patch,
but I think that this patch is for Sakai 2.6 and we need to apply it to
2.5.3. The problem is that, in the Site Browser tool,  the descriptions
of the sites are made with HTML and this umbalance all the display.

I have been tracking the code and in the velocity file
/site-manage-tool/tool/src/webapp/vm/sitebrowser/chef_sitebrowser_list.vm
there is this:

$validator.escapeHtml($desc)

And AFAIK, in the class
site-manage/tags/sakai_2-5-3/site-manage-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/SiteBrowserAction.java
is implemented the logic of the application.

I would like to know how could I add in SiteBrowserAction.java some
plainText method to convert the HTML to plain text, as in the patch's
class
(http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/secure/attachment/17753/SiteTextEditUtil.java)
and after, how could I pass this new text to the vm file.

I don't know very much of Velocity, I'm sorry if this question is too basic.

Of course, if somebody has patched this already in their 2.5.X, I would
be very grateful to try his patch.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.