[Building Sakai] [Building Sak ai] [Building Sak ai] New component-newdep endency-Please help!

Zach A. Thomas zach at aeroplanesoftware.com
Fri May 22 09:07:38 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 10:34 AM, m_yaghmaie at modares.ac.ir wrote:

> I am new to Spring framework. I thought I must change the class
> which has been declared in the components.xml file of the site-pack
> component. According to this file, DbSiteService is the class used
> for instantiating SiteService which itself extends BaseSiteService.
> Is this assumption wrong?

You just update the components.xml file to use your own class instead
of DbSiteService. Your class might use DbSiteService behind the
scenes, but as far as Spring is concerned, is a fair swap as long as
your class implements SiteService.

When I suggested creating a new tool, I didn't mean that you shouldn't
have your own Sakai component as well. The advantage of working in a
new tool is that it is an environment you completely control, and as
such it's the easiest way to _show_ your custom behavior, which is not
to say that your custom behavior has to be confined to the
presentation layer.

Zach