[Building Sakai] Mailtool for 2.6

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri May 22 05:20:43 PDT 2009

Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> A few people have come to me with concerns about the
> Mailtool being deprecated and removed for 2.6, and there is
> no replacement included in the build.
> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6+Overview

If you look closely at the various 2.6 tags, Mailtool is still
in there. I have a feeling that it is going to be stealthed by
default.

> As I understand it, Mailsender is the replacement:
> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MAILTOOL/Mailsender
>
> Any chance of getting this into the build by default?
> Sending mail messages is a pretty important communication
> tool, it would be a shame to not have one.

I recently tried unsuccessfully to bring up Mailsender in a
2.6 build on a QA server. This is because it needs to be
modified to build against K1, something that I started but
didn't have time to finish. In addition, Mailsender has
a bunch of outstanding JIRAs:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/MSND

Seth