[Building Sakai] Attaching files with no user interaction. Can it be done?

Tiago Gaspar tiagocgaspar at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:15:02 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys, and sorry for the late response...

First, let me clarify why media servers...

I'm working on a sakai tool that records videos in flash (as you know), so
I'm using media servers to stream and to record (Red5 or FMS). So, the
videos are recorded and stored in the media server hard disk.

Back to the problem...

I've solved this problem, some weeks ago, using the CHS approach mentioned
by Jim. Here it is:

   - Made an Apache mapping of the video folder in the media server
   - The video is uploaded and transformed in a byte array in the sakai tool
   - Using CHS, I can store the videos in a folder that can be accessed by
   the Repository tool.

The PodCast tool was really helpfull, It guided me on how to use the CHS
funcionalities.

Thanks to Casey and Jim for the Help!

Tiago.