[Building Sakai] New component-new dep endency-Please help!

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 21 02:29:05 PDT 2009

Do you really need to alter the way the core services work by
injecting your service into them, or can you just inject them into
your own application and perform what ever you need to do in your own
logic?

Altering other projects to make yours work rings alarm bells to me.
You can do pretty much anything you want by getting the existing
services into your own app. If you need to alter the way existing ones
work however (lets say creating a user account sends an email), then
you should be able to do that with a minimum of fuss by simply
modifying the existing ones.

What are you trying to achieve and we'll guide you on how to do it.

cheers,
Steve