[Building Sakai] take the value of site_id

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Wed May 20 06:24:42 PDT 2009

menjuanpablo,

I'm not sure that ExternalLogicImpl would be accessible from your JSP in
your webapp. Can you try something like this instead:

<%!
String aaa;
ExternalLogic eli = ComponentManager.get("
org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.ExternalLogic");
%><%
aaa = eli.getCurrentSiteId();
%>
<%= aaa %>

Don't forget to import your ExternalLogic, and the ComponentManager
classes.

Also, please post the error you're receiving. Without the error we're just
taking shots in the dark.

Best,
Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor

sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org wrote on 20/05/2009 09:15:15 AM:

> menjuanpablo <menjuanpablo at gmail.com>
> Sent by: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org
>
> 20/05/2009 09:15 AM

> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Building Sakai] take the value of site_id
>

> Ok, this is my components.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
>    "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
>
> <!-- This file generated by Sakai App Builder -AZ -->
> <beans>
>
>     <!-- Bring in the hibernate related beans -->
>     <import resource="spring-hibernate.xml" />
>     <import resource="sakai-hibernate.xml" />
>
>     <!-- create an external logic bean which abstracts out the Sakai
bits
-->
>     <bean id="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.ExternalLogic"
>         class="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.ExternalLogicImpl"
>         init-method="init">
>         <property name="functionManager"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.authz.api.FunctionManager" />
>         <property name="securityService"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.authz.api.SecurityService" />
>         <property name="sessionManager"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.tool.api.SessionManager" />
>         <property name="siteService"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.site.api.SiteService" />
>         <property name="toolManager"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolManager" />
>         <property name="userDirectoryService"
>             ref="org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserDirectoryService" />
>     </bean>
>
>     <!-- create a logic bean, give it the dao from above -->
>     <bean id="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.MetodologiagwLogic"
> class="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.MetodologiagwLogicImpl"
>         init-method="init">
>         <property name="dao"
>             ref="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.dao.MetodologiagwDao" />
>         <property name="externalLogic"
>             ref="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.ExternalLogic" />
>     </bean>
>     <!-- create an entity provider bean -->
>     <bean

class="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.entity.MetodologiagwEntityProvider">
>         <property name="logic"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.metodologiagw.logic.MetodologiagwLogic" />
>         <property name="developerHelperService"
> ref="org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.DeveloperHelperService" />
>     </bean>
> </beans>
>

> Steve Swinsburg-2 wrote:
> >
> > That looks ok, but it's a two step setup. Do you have the toolManager
> > bean injected into your impl in your components.xml? Post
> > components.xml as well, or any other spring config you have in pack/
> > src/webapp/WEB-INF/*.xml
> >

> > cheers,
> > Steve
> >

> > On 20/05/2009, at 12:19 AM, menjuanpablo wrote:
> >

> >> my externallogicimpl is
> >>
> >> public class ExternalLogicImpl implements ExternalLogic {
> >>
> >>    private static Log log =
LogFactory.getLog(ExternalLogicImpl.class);