[Building Sakai] RSS Feed parser within the News tool

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed May 20 02:33:59 PDT 2009

Hi Adam,
You may try the alternative (contrib) News Feeds tool:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/NFS

It works with twitter feeds. You may read the full feature list here:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/NFS/Features

Hope it helps,
Nuno

2009/5/19 Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk>

> Has anybody used a different feed parser in the news tool?
>
> We just upgraded the parser as it previously wouldn't render our
> institutional RSS feed service but this has had the side effect of stopping
> Twitter feeds from being displayed.
>
> The parser is far too strict - it'd be great to hook up something that is
> more lax!
>
> Adam
>
> --
> Adam Marshall:       OUCS, 13, Banbury Rd. Oxford OX2 6NN.
> The upcoming new WebLearn service: http://beta.weblearn.ox.ac.uk
> Shameless plug: http://www.myspace.com/wheresthebeachmusic
> Cheese of the month: Double Gloucester - shouldnt be overlooked!

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00