[Building Sakai] tomcat sessions and https

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Tue May 19 14:31:43 PDT 2009

Question:

Can a browser log in via HTTPS to establish session credentials, and
then browse Sakai via HTTP?

That is, the establish-credentials stage is encrypted but the rest of
the session isn't, as the session key includes the remote IP address
or some such skullduggery to enable a secure session...

Is that part of how the Sakai session mechanism is set up -- to enable that?

If so, where's the how-to? If not... why not? :)

Found Glenn Golden's Sakai Sessions doc from 2005 (four years old!
yikes!) but was hoping there's something more modern?

--
will trillich
"Our only real economic security lies in our power to meet human