[Building Sakai] AuthenticatedUserProvider - EID in CM differs from login

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Tue May 19 10:38:50 PDT 2009

Your use case is pretty much exactly what the AuthenticatedUserProvider
was meant to cover. (At UC Berkeley, we use a non-private but
not-used-by-real-people UID to identify externally authenticated
students and instructors, but they log in by using a completely
different ID with stricter privacy rules.)

Here's the related JIRA page:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-9854

And here's how we use the new interface locally:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/ucb/ucb-integration-samples/bspace-user-provider-impl

In particular, see:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/ucb/ucb-integration-samples/bspace-user-provider-impl/src/main/java/edu/berkeley/bspace/UserDirectoryProviderBspaceImpl.java

Best,