[Building Sakai] Melete - editor problem

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon May 18 07:57:50 PDT 2009

Hi Phuc,

Assuming you restarted Tomcat after adjusting this property, it should
revert to using FCKeditor.

Default Melete Editor

This is done by specifying the following property. For example, if the
default Melete editor is Sferyx,

melete.wysiwyg.editor=Sferyx Editor

If this property is NOT set, the code uses the editor specified by the
wysiwyg.editor property.

Set Available Melete Editors

You can set more than one editor in Melete (Sferyx and FCK Editor, for
now). Users can select their default editor for authoring under
Melete's Preferences.

List the editor choices for users in sakai.properties as specified
below. For example, if the user has two choices, Sferyx and FCK
Editor, the settings will be as follows:

melete.wysiwyg.editor.count=2
melete.wysiwyg.editor1=Sferyx Editor
melete.wysiwyg.editor2=FCK Editor

NOTE: Make sure that the names have proper spaces as this is used to
display the labels of the available editors on the Preferences page.

ref: http://etudes.org/release/melete/install-guide.htm#2)%20Configuring%20Melete

You could clear your browser cache to give it a kick, if not, this is
one for the Melete team.

cheers,
Steve