[Building Sakai] Sakai components modi fication

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Fri May 15 01:41:59 PDT 2009

Hi Mak,

I recommend you to start by reading the *Sakai Programmer's Cafe* page -
it's the best starting guide for Sakai programming:

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/BOOT

Hope it helps,
Nuno

2009/5/14 <m_yaghmaie at modares.ac.ir>

> Hi,
>
> I have deployed Sakai 2.5 into Tomcat 5.5.27. I noticed that there exists a
> 'components' folder in tomcat directory where core API implementations of
> Sakai services exist in. I need to know how can I add a new component (which
> I have implemented as several JAR files) to this directory . I am not sure
> what should I do with SPRING files (My component does not use SPRING). And
> also if I want to create a dependency between two components should I define
> it anywhere (like XML file)?
>
> Tnx alot, Mak

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00