[Building Sakai] [Building Sak ai] adding new J AR de pend ancy to Sa kai

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Sun May 10 04:04:12 PDT 2009

The covers are meant to be alternative ways to access the services but
they are not used by many of the core parts of the system so there is
a good chance your methods will not be invoked (or at least not when
you think they will be).

If you want to extend the system, a better alternative would be to
create a component which contains your code and either add the hooks
into the kernel service implementations and rebuild it OR look into
adding aspects with before or around advice to the methods in
question.

What error message do you see when trying to access the portal? Do you
still see the component manager and the portal webapp starting up in
the logs?

-AZ