[Building Sakai] Presentation tool

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Thu May 7 06:54:34 PDT 2009

Gopal Patil wrote:
> Thanks Norton,
>
>  do you mean there is support in sakai to convert PPT 's to images??
> or we need to convert that externaly?
I believe there is support to upload a PPT and convert it such that it
can be presented by the Presentation Tool.  I don't recall exactly how
this is done, but I believe that it can be done.

> and what i understood is we should only upload images in presentation.
Well ....  you might be able to include other things in a presentation
such as web pages or videos.  You might try tinkering with the
presentation list file.  It's been years since I was involved with this,
Idon't remember all the details.

One thing that might give you more information is to search Jira for
tickets associated with the Presentation tool.  That will tell you what
was fixed, added, etc.

- Mark