[Building Sakai] Adding a refresh user cache to AuthzGroupService - patch for review

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 7 03:36:05 PDT 2009

2009/5/6 Stephen Marquard <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za>:

> There is a patch attached for review based on work by Matthew Buckett:
>
>  http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/secure/attachment/18015/KNL-181.diff

I must apolagise to Stephen, when I looked at this again I realised
that putting the caching in authz was my first go, but in the end I
put it in event, specifically UsageSessionService.login(). This was so
that all logins (WebDAV/RSS/Portal) get caching on the refreshing of
authz groups but if the code wishes to explicitly refesh an authz
group it can and so bypass any caching.

I also changed the code so it does cache.get() rather than
cache.contains() so that the cache statistics get updated, but the TTL
still means items drop out of the cache.

Attached is a patch for event based on 2.5.x. Originally I had used
ehcache directly but this patch follows the pattern of creating the
cache as a bean then retrieving it from the memory service after it
has been configured which Stephen used.

--
  Matthew Buckett