[Building Sakai] CourseManagementService and Site Access

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Wed May 6 13:34:56 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We're having some trouble going into Summer 2009 where "provided" access
through the CourseManagementService is not granting access for users to
site. The site does not appear in the "My Active Sites" area, and they do
not have access to hit the URL directly. The only way the users will gain
access to their site is if someone goes into Site Info and clicks "Update
Participants". This is despite the fact that the rosters appear full in
the Realm Administrator and the roster appears full in Site Info.

I think it is related to the users not being pulled into the site's access
list in the database. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, have you
solved it? This is a very urgent issue for us right now, so any insight is
greatly appreciated. We're running off of 2.5.2.

Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor