[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.6 - email notification problem when we upload the files in drop box

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed May 6 06:25:06 PDT 2009

My opinion is to label it as "Critical", at least. Knowing the existence of
that feature, many instructors may rely on drop box emails to check for new
files.

Nuno

2009/5/6 Kimberly Ma <this4it at gmail.com>

> Sam,
> Thanks for your confirmation. I will create it as a JIRA bug. What severity
> should I label it ?
>
> Regards,
> Kim
> Rutgers University, OIRT
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Sam Ottenhoff <ottenhoff at longsight.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Kim,
>>
>> I can confirm this bug exists on a 2.6 instance.  Can you submit this as a
>> JIRA bug?
>>
>> --Sam
>>
>> Kimberly Ma wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Dear Folks,
>>> We are testing/debugging the functionality of drop box in Sakai 2.6. I
>>> noticed that no matter we checked the checkbox of email notification to
>>> instructors/ student or not when we upload files, there was absolutely no
>>> email sent out what so ever. And there was no message in the log file
>>> (catalina.out) which indicated the email was sent or email was not sent. I
>>> also looked at the resource setting of the site(only has dropbox tool), no
>>> checkbox/option to select  for high/low/no priority. No entry in the
>>> SAKAI_EVENT_DELAY table.
>>>
>>> I am just wondering that anything else we need to turn on to get the
>>> email out, or is it a newly introduced bug ?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> -Kim
>>> Rutgers, OIRT (Office of Instructional and Research Technologies)

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00