[Building Sakai] can one join a site by visiting the site instead of using the membership tool

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 6 05:10:27 PDT 2009

We keep getting the same confusion regarding Joinable sites.

The scenario is this: a joinable site is created then the URL is publicised,
people go to the site but of course since they're not members, they are
denied access.

Is there a patch which we can apply which will display a "Join Me" link or
button when one visits a joinable site without being a member?

I'm sure I saw something mentioned about this a few years ago but could find
it by searching Jira.

Adam

--
Adam Marshall:       OUCS, 13, Banbury Rd. Oxford OX2 6NN.
The upcoming new WebLearn service: http://beta.weblearn.ox.ac.uk