[Building Sakai] Issues with the Tasks, Tests and Surveys tool

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Tue May 5 23:59:07 PDT 2009

Hi Gerwood,

Can I take a look at your data. Can you please run some queries for me?

1. Get the published assessment id. You will need this for the following
queries.
select publishedassessmentid from sam_publishedassessment_t where title =
:published_assessment_title

2. Get the submission records for the two students:
select * from sam_assessmentgrading_t ag, sam_publishedassessment_t pa
where ag.publishedassessmentid = pa.id
and pa.id = :published_assessment_id
and agentid in (:first_student_id, :second_student_id)

3. Get the answer records:
select * from sam_itemgrading_t
where assessmentgradingid in (
select assessmentgradingid from sam_assessmentgrading_t ag,
sam_publishedassessment_t pa
where ag.publishedassessmentid = pa.id
and pa.id = :published_assessment_id
and agentid in (:first_student_id, :second_student_id))

4. To get the results of your other email (student answers of the second
part):
select * from sam_itemgrading_t
where publisheditemid in (
select pi.itemid from sam_publisheditem_t pi, sam_publishedsection_t ps,
sam_publishedassessment_t pa
where pi.sectionid = ps.sectionid
and ps.assessmentid = pa.id
and pa.id = :published_assessment_id
and ps.sequence = 2
and agentid in (:first_student_id, :second_student_id))

Is this a timed assessment? A linear assessment? Is the second part a random
draw part? Also, I would like to know what Sakai version do you use?

If you need other queries, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Karen