[Building Sakai] Profile2 v1.1 released

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue May 5 02:32:00 PDT 2009

Hi James,

Thanks for trying it out. As for the spelling differences, its fully
internationalised so you can modify ProfileApplication.properties and
change as you please, or create your own US variant
(ProfileApplication_en_US.properties I believe) and it will pick it up
(in PROFILE2/tool/src/java/uk/ac/lancs/e_science/profile2/tool/).

I think I know what the issue is regarding the exception. Did you take
a fresh checkout of Profile2 v1.1 and build that, or did you have an
older version installed previously?
If you had an older version, did you get rid of the older version in
TOMCAT/shared/lib? Would be good to take a look in there and just
double check there are no duplicates of sakai-profile2-api-VERSION.jar

There is also a DB upgrade that needs to be run manually between
versions (in PROFILE2/docs/database).

If it was completely fresh (no db tables from an older version either)
and/or you performed the upgrade successfully, could you have a look
in the database tables and give me the structure of
PROFILE_PREFERENCES_T?

Mine looks like:

mysql> describe PROFILE_PREFERENCES_T;
+------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field            | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| USER_UUID        | varchar(36)  | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| EMAIL_REQUEST    | bit(1)       | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| EMAIL_CONFIRM    | bit(1)       | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| TWITTER_ENABLED  | bit(1)       | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| TWITTER_USERNAME | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| TWITTER_PASSWORD | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
6 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Previously there was a field called EMAIL, but its been split into the
above two fields.

cheers,
Steve

---