[Building Sakai] Maven 1 Testing Problem

Chris Dunstall cdunstall at csu.edu.au
Mon Mar 30 15:58:00 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I know most of the community has moved on from Maven 1, but we¹re still
using Maven 1 with Sakai 2.4.x.

I¹m getting a weird problem in that a Junit test of mine is showing an error
when I run Œmaven bld¹.

test:test:
    [junit] Running au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.DateTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.897 sec
    [junit] Running au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.DeleteSetTest
    [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0.062 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.DeleteSetTest
FAILED

However, when I run the Junit test in eclipse, it runs with no errors or
failures (as it should).  I also can¹t find out how to tell Maven to tell me
what the error is.  I¹ve tried maven ­e but all I get is the stack trace for
the fact that the build failed, not the test.

Is there a switch or option I can run with maven to tell me exactly what is
going on with the junit test and why it¹s failing?

Thanks,

Chris Dunstall | Solutions Developer
Enterprise Information Management Solutions (EIMS)
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst,
NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181