[Building Sakai] 2.6.x pom <version> after 2.6.0 release

Stephen Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 02:08:25 PDT 2009

A minor comment on the branch version being out of date, bear in mind
the branch DOES stay the same, theoretically identical. No API
changes, UI changes or tool behaviours should change, unless they are
bugfixes. So the constant version of the branch is still valid as it
really is only one version, just with bugfixes.

That being said, if the version in contrib projects can be set to an
official release with the appropriate maven repo definition setup,
like you said David, then this whole problem could go away. This is
where we need some "Guidelines for Contrib projects" perhaps.

regards,
Steve