[Building Sakai] Status of Global Transactions

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Mar 26 08:33:38 PDT 2009

You can get Hibernate and SpringJDBC (specialized usage of getting the
DataSource) to share a transaction but that is about the closest you
are going to get.
-AZ

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Steven Githens <swgithen at mtu.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is an old revisited topic, but I just wanted to check on the status
> of it in Sakai 2.6, since it's been a while since I looked at it.
>
> There is still no way to wrap services using a mix of DB toolkits in a
> global transaction for a commit right?  So if one service uses the old
> Sakai DB API, another uses Hibernate, and maybe another one just uses
> the ComponentManaget.get('javax.sql.DataSource'), there is no way to
> wrap a set of operations against them in a single transaction.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]