[Building Sakai] Section Info configuration

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Mar 26 05:56:51 PDT 2009

Hi all.

I have searched in Confluence, Google, etc. information about the
Section Info tool's configuration, but I haven't found answer to several
questions. I hope somebody can help me in this list or at least link me
some guide.

-We have added the categories with SQL queries into the
CM_SEC_CATEGORY_T. Is this well done or is there any other way more
correct to do it? It seems in the config guide that there is a way to
generate that data as standalone tool, but not as sakai tool.

-These categories are translated in the properties file
CourseSectionCategories_XX.properties, but the translation doesn't work.
Is this a problem caused by our manual database configuration or is one
usual bug?

-And the last question: if we add manually more custom categories direct
to the MySQL table, could we have problems with this? Or is there a
better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
No comparto lo que dices, pero defenderé hasta la muerte tu derecho a
decirlo. (Voltaire)