[Building Sakai] James configuration

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Mar 24 06:09:49 PDT 2009

Hi

+1 you should set up you local MTA to accept slightly more connections
than you have tomcat threads. Also you probably want to still keep low
the threshold that the MTA will accept mail but not send it on to you
institutional mail server. We have ours set to:

#queue resources
smtp_accept_max=250
smtp_accept_queue=25

This is exim but other MTA's like postfix and sendmail should have
options that do the same.

David