[Building Sakai] Contact all users in Sakai

Daniel Lind daniel.lind at umdac.umu.se
Mon Mar 23 07:01:26 PDT 2009

Hi!

I'm trying to contact all users in a old Sakai installation used during
our evaluation of the system. We haven't found a funtion for that in the
web interface so now I'm doing it the SQL way. I've found many
e-mail-adresses in the tables:

* SAKAI_USER
* SAKAI_PERSON_T
* SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP

But when I use the web interface and the "User Membership" function I am
able to see users not in any of the three tables listed above. We do
have an active connection to an LDAP server.

Is it possible that the users e-mail-adresses are not stored in Sakai,
but retreaved from the LDAP server on every lookup? And if so, how come
most of the users are still stored in Sakai and not retreaved from the
LDAP, even though they are present in the LDAP. Have I missed any tables
which may store the users e-mail-adresses?

And maybe the most important question - how do you contact your teachers
and/or students? Do you use anything other than the MOTD function?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Daniel Lind

Daniel Lind