[Building Sakai] IE 8

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Fri Mar 20 06:02:19 PDT 2009

I agree

-----Mensaje original-----
De: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] En nombre de Steve Swinsburg
Enviado el: viernes, 20 de marzo de 2009 14:00
Para: Adam Marshall
CC: sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
Asunto: Re: [Building Sakai] IE 8

I've never understood the logic behind using an attribute that forces a new browser (IE8) to render in the old mode (IE7).

Isn't the DOCTYPE meant to tell the browser what mode to render the page in? It's kind of getting old having to employ workarounds for Internet Explorer.

Until Sakai can be rendered in IE8 properly, without this silly workaround, my vote would be to NOT have it on the supported browsers list.

Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg
Portal Systems Developer