[Building Sakai] "On-Line" tool as Instructor! URGENT Please

Clay Fenlason clay.fenlason at et.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 18 13:34:23 PDT 2009

No one wants to get help of the sort that questions the entire
enterprise, but I have to ask:  why are you trying to use the admin
on-line tool in a course site?  It's meant to show server and session
information for the entire Sakai instance, and is really designed just
for system admins, which I believe is why it's only in the
Administration Workspace by default.

You shouldn't need to change any lines in the source of Presence to
enable it, if it (as I hope) will meet your requirements instead.
There is a sakai.properties setting that governs:
display.users.present=true

If you have this setting in sakai.properties and restart, it should
enable presence in all sites.

~Clay

PS But then it's been a long time since I looked at this stuff

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM,  <alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the On-line tool to a course site, but when i want to use it as
> instructor, it said that I don't have permissions.
>
> I changed some lines in the source file of the "Presence tool" and rebuild
> it, but in vain!
>
>  Can anyone point me to the right file to change or the lines to omit or
> change in PresenceToolAction.java file or any other file?
>

> thank you.
>

> --
> Alaa Nizar
> Network and System Administrator