[Building Sakai] The Switch to Java 1.6

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 10:40:23 PDT 2009

AFAIK it's available for Leopard 10.5 by default (not sure about Tiger
10.4).

I've had it for a while and didn't do anything special, it came
through Software Updates a while back with a note saying that it would
be installed but not active. Java 1.5 is the active one by default.

You can adjust this in Applications > Utilities > Java > Java
Preferences

cheers,
Steve

---