[Building Sakai] How difficult is to implement event registering for other tools?

Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa lafbarbosa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 07:17:07 PDT 2009

Hi people,

I got to put it into Announcement tool, only doing the following:

Putting it in a method of
org.sakaiproject.announcement.cover.AnnouncementService:

EventTrackingService.post(EventTrackingService.newEvent("sakai.announcement",
"/announcement", true));

Putting it into announcement/announcement-api/api/project.xml:

<dependency>
            <groupId>sakaiproject</groupId>
            <artifactId>sakai-event-api</artifactId>
            <version>${sakai.version}</version>
</dependency>

Putting it into announcement/announcement-api/api/pom.xml:

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
      <artifactId>sakai-event-api</artifactId>
      <version>${sakai.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

Now, I've been trying to do the same thing with content tool, but I didn't
get to obtain an event from none method of ContentHostingService and
ContentHostingService classes.

Please, does anybody know how could I get to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Luiz