[Building Sakai] UISelectChoice loosing 'checked' status

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Mon Mar 16 07:13:25 PDT 2009

Hi All

I apologize if this doesn't belong in this list. My situation is this; I have a radio group and one of the radios has the checked attribute. When the group is rendered none of the radios are checked. My guess is that the RSF producer is dropping the attribute. Below is the code,  please assist:

HTML-

<divrsf:id="selectInstructorsChoice:">
                      <input rsf:id="radioValue" type="radio" name="instructorSelection" id="radio" value="radio" checked="checked" />
                      <label rsf:id="radioLabel" for="radio" >Respondents</label>
                       <input rsf:id="radioValue" type="radio" name="instructorSelection" id="radio2" value="radio2" />
                       <label rsf:id="radioLabel" for="radio2">Respondents 2</label>

RSF-

String[] selectValues = new String[] {EvalAssignHierarchy.SELECTION_ALL,EvalAssignHierarchy.SELECTION_ONE, EvalAssignHierarchy.SELECTION_MULTIPLE};
      UISelect selectInstructors = UISelect.make(selectFieldSet, "selectionRadioInstructors", selectValues,
            new String[] {"evalsettings.selection.instructor.all","evalsettings.selection.instructor.one","evalsettings.selection.instructor.many"},
            evaluationOTP + "instructorSelection", null).setMessageKeys();
      String selectInstructorsId = selectInstructors.getFullID();
      for (int i = 0; i < selectValues.length; ++i) {
         UIBranchContainer radiobranch = UIBranchContainer.make(selectFieldSet, "selectInstructorsChoice:", i + "");
         UISelectChoice choice = UISelectChoice.make(radiobranch, "radioValue", selectInstructorsId, i);
         UISelectLabel.make(radiobranch, "radioLabel", selectInstructorsId, i)
         .decorate( newUILabelTargetDecorator(choice) );
      }

Regards
--
Lovemore nalube

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.