[Building Sakai] mail sending failures - greylisting

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 03:59:15 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am getting the following errors when sending mail from within Sakai,
either via Site Info > Add Participants, or via the Mailtool:
Failed to send email.
Error message: Sending failed; nested exception is: class
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is: class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 451 4.7.1
Greylisting in action, please come back in 00:10:00

I've never seen this before. the email addresses I am supplying are
valid and varied (ie not all the same domain), but it returns this
error so quickly that I think it's something to do with the mail setup
on this end, not the receiving end.

Anyone know what the go is here?

cheers,
Steve