[Building Sakai] user accounts with no passwords

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 08:49:57 PDT 2009

I had a brief look at OpenAuthnComponent and its not really what I'm
after as it changes how the username/password are used for accounts
(ie password is used as the userId) and I still need to type something
in the other box.

Ideally I want to be able to type a username and that is it, and it
works as normal.

So I've modified a couple of UserAuthnComponent,
BaseUserDirectoryService and LoginTool methods to check a sakai
property called 'developmentMode'. If its true then passwords aren't
checked. It seems to be working perfectly. Of course this is totally
insecure but I'll add a big message to the portal as well.

Tracking via this Jira:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15827

cheers,
Steve