[Building Sakai] access/.../WebServlet.setSession question in Sakai 2.4.x

Casey Dunn caseyd.stan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 07:42:48 PST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Stephen Marquard <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
> wrote:

> Hi Casey,
>
> You can't use SAKAI_SESSION values, which refer to UsageSessions, for auth
> sessions, which are different altogether.

Ah, that's what I get for reading the 2.4.x javadoc.

I thought I could use SAKAI_SESSION, and execute a login sequence on the new
server, setting up an auth session. U know, sessioncomponent.startSession(id
blah blah)

I still may hack at it for fun.

May try basic auth but that's not very desirable.

SSL renegotiation is pretty common stuff Stephen - are you referring to why
the LB sends the renegotiated session to a new machine?

thanks!

Casey