[Building Sakai] Oracle + 2.4.x?

Zach A. Thomas zach at aeroplanesoftware.com
Fri Mar 6 12:29:57 PST 2009

Hi guys. I'm having trouble using Oracle with plain vanilla Sakai
checked out from the 2.4.x branch.

I'm using Oracle 10g Express Edition to develop against, and during
startup when it gets to "Building new Hibernate SessionFactory" it
fails to create the GlobalSessionFactory Spring bean, complaining of
"table or view does not exist."

The first thing that occurs to me is that my database user doesn't
have the necessary permissions, but around 25 Sakai tables have been
created already by that point with autoDdl, so this seems to rule that
out.

If I switch to hsqldb, it runs flawlessly.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

many thanks,
Zach Thomas
Owner, Aeroplane Software LLC