[Building Sakai] upload image in samigo stored in db or filesystem?

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 11:13:10 PST 2009

Hi Vinoth,

Are you asking about attaching images in assessments or answering file
upload questions? When attaching images in assessments, the images are saved
by Content Resource module. The settings you asked are for file upload
questions. Let me answer your question one by one below:

I am using sakai2.5...In this,test &quizzes I am uploading image
> file(.jpg)..Its uploaded successfully...
> My question is uploaded image is saved to DB or Filesystem?...And also
> samigo settings is available in sakai.properties..I cant use the property in
> sakai.properties file...

 samigo.saveMediaToDb is the one controlling it. If it is false, the file
will get saved to the file system (under directory specified in
samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath). If it is true, the file will be saved in
database (you will see BLOB in media colunm of  sam_media_t).

More specifically, when saving to file system, the location column in
sam_media_t contains the file location. When save to db, the media column
contains the file.

> what is the use of this property in sakai.property file?
> samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath=/tmp/

The temp location to upload the files.

> samigo.sizeThreshold=512

This comes from the corejsf implementation. We don't use it at this point
but want to keep it for later use.

> samigo.sizeMax=20480

The max file size you can upload. Students will get an error if they try to
upload files larger than it.

Thanks,
Karen