[Building Sakai] help with deleting a folder gone bad

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Jun 29 23:41:20 PDT 2009

Hi, Stephen.

By chance, yesterday I applied that patch KNL-220 to our 2.5.3. Besides
the revision 64031, there is another one included in the patch KNL-220,
the revision 64033.

Applying both revisions seems to work fine for us.

Regards.

Stephen Marquard escribió:
> I can recommend applying
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=rev&revision=64031
>
> from KNL-220 to the corresponding file in 2-5-x. It addresses the underlying issue of WebDAV not completely removing folders, plus about 5 other JIRAs. It's a thread-local caching issue in BaseContentService.
>
> Regards
> Stephen

> Just checking again if anyone can help out with a folder resource
> misbehaving.
>
> - Ian
>
> Ian Goh (Exchange IMAP) wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We had some odd thing happen to a Resources folder in Sakai 2.5.  We
>> were trying to delete a folder via webdav, and it didn't seem to do it
>> cleanly.  The folder remains in Resources
>> with no-title.  The folder's collection_id is still in
>> content_collection, the files in that folder still exist in
>> content_resources.  Now we cannot do anything to that folder, without
>> throwing a
>> nullpointer error.
>>
>> We don't need this folder, so what's the best way to cleanly remove it now?
>>
>> Yours,
>>
>> - Ian

Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Estos son mis principios. Si no le gustan, puedo cambiarlos. (Groucho Marx)