[Building Sakai] "Hackathon"

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Mon Jun 22 07:56:52 PDT 2009

branden at uwindsor.ca wrote:
> What is a "hackathon" ? Does anyone have more info about how the
> Hack-a-thon stream will be working in the Boston conference?

I like to think of them as short periods of time ( usually between 1 and
5 days ) where everyone hangs out and bangs out code in a focused
hardcore environment without a lot of the daily distractions you find at
work a lot.  Some folks call them Sprints:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_(software_development)

They are awesome fun things to have at conferences ( and a lot of times
are considered the highlights of such get togethers ).

-s