[Building Sakai] tracking melete tool in sakai

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Mon Jun 22 02:15:39 PDT 2009

Hi Roshni,
Just a quick note about Melete events: you need Sakai 2.6 , Melete 2.6 and
the upcoming SiteStats 2.0 (or trunk) to be able to track them on SiteStats.

Events are not very descriptive by nature and are logged after performing a
specific action on Melete. Currently, Melete generates events when a Module
is created, edited or deleted, and a Section created, edited, deleted or
read. You can know when and which user performed which action, but won't be
able to know if an user has read the full section page or if he has merely
accessed it (the section read event is generated when the user accessed the
section page).

Hope it helps,
Nuno

2009/6/22 Roshni Kartha <roshni at jupinno.com>

>  Hello David,
>

> We were actually looking to track melete tool in the following ways:
>

> [image: *]        List students with how much part of lessons has been
> read by them.
>
> [image: *]        List of students who have finished reading each module.
>
> [image: *]        Enabling students to give ratings for the favorite
> module & getting report based on the same.
>

> Also, we were trying to search for keywords in melete tool using the Search
> tool. I hear from Nuno Fernandes that melete 2.6 together with Sakai 2.6
> is able to track some events in melete. Does it include some of the above?
>

> Regards,
>

> Rosh

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00