[Building Sakai] Linking Sakai to SIS

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 19 04:19:53 PDT 2009

Yes, many (most?) Sakai deployments do integrate Sakai somehow to their
SIS and/or registrar systems, and many of us use homegrown
non-commercial systems. It's not as seamless or as low-maintenance as I
would like, but it's certainly doable. :)  The standard interface for
handling integration in Sakai 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 is called the Course
Management API (or CM API). You can probably find a great deal of
discussion on that topic in the various mailing lists and on Confluence.
Here's an introduction:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/SAKDEV/Course+Management+Integration

Best,
Ray