[Building Sakai] icodeon scorm player integration

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Jun 10 15:29:04 PDT 2009

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/ISCRM/Icodeon+SCORM+Player+Integration

About the Integration

The integration add a new content type into Resources. This allows you
to upload a SCORM package into Resources and registers the content
package with Icodeon. Clicking on the name of the resource will launch
the Icodeon SCORM player. That advantage to this sort of integration
is that SCORM can be leveraged anywhere in Sakai the integrates with
Resources via the file picker.

Icodeon posts statistics back into tables that exist in the Sakai
database. At this point there are no reports or other features that
take advantage of this data. But since we pass the site and learner
information to Icodeon, its conceivable this data can be queried for
any number of use cases.
Screencast Demo

Check out a video demo here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRyhmadUvgY

I haven't completely ripped all the code out of our code base and into
contrib just yet, check confluence for updates, should have something
posted soon.

John Bush
Development Manager
rSmart