[Building Sakai] Reaction: Sakai course on CD

Plourde, Mathieu mathieu at udel.edu
Tue Jun 9 07:03:09 PDT 2009

Hi Philip,

I agree with Mark that tests on your CD should be very low-stake or self-assessment to start with. If you're going to do high-stake testing, you will need to control the parameters of the environment, and use a secured solution.

The reason why I would use a CD would mostly be to deliver content, like video or audio files, especially in a context where your users have limited access to the internet, or low-bandwidth connectivity. The CD would then be accompanied by a website. My 2 cents.

Best Regards,

=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-User Services
mathieu at udel.edu

TOP LINKS:

Technology Troubleshooting: http://www.udel.edu/help
Sakai at UD Support and Training: http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training

ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (ATS): http://www.ats.udel.edu/

ATS brings together outstanding IT resources and support for teaching, presentations, instructional technology development projects, and a faculty community of practice. ATS is located on the second floor of East Hall. Faculty members wishing to schedule a consultation should call 302-831‐0640 to make an appointment.