[Building Sakai] Sakai course on CD

Kirk Alexander kdalex at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 5 07:32:42 PDT 2009

At UCDavis we also have been interested in SCORM.  When Mark pointed
us to SoftChalk we were delighted to find that it works very nicely with
our SCORM player even in it's current unpolished state.  SoftChalk really
is nifty and solves the authoring side of SCORM for most uses
very nicely.    The  major drawback of our SCORM player
is it's need for additional reporting and integration with the Gradebook.
We would welcome help/collaboration from UFP or anyone else to push
this along.   It hasn't been abandoned by us but it did get pushed on a back
burner as we have taken on re-writing the Gradebook tool.   Please feel
free to contact me if you are interested.
Kirk Alexander
Sakai Program Manager
UCDavis

--