[Building Sakai] Sakai 3.0 Group Management Project -- Request for Volunteers

Oliver Heyer oliver at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 2 14:50:27 PDT 2009

UC Berkeley and UC Davis are embarking on a long term project to expand
the system and end user administrative functionality for group
management in Sakai 3.0. A high level description of the project with
linked use cases/requirements (nee vignettes) is available at

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIJDAw

The team currently consists of

Daphne Ogle -- Interaction Designer
Eli Cochran -- UI Developer
Ray Davis -- Java developer

We are looking for additional community members who are able to
contribute in various project roles and who can commit some significant
percentage of their day to day time to this effort, preferably over the
next 4-12 months. The team aims to work quickly, taking an agile,
iterative and collaborative approach to the definition, design and
development process. That goal, in turn, demands that communication and
coordination among the team members happen very frequently, in a
consistent and open fashion. The exact mechanisms and channels have not
yet been formalized, but the expectation is that we may have to adapt to
a highly distributed team environment. We anticipate that the project
will start gathering a full head of steam shortly after the Boston
Conference. Please let me know if you are interested in committing
yourself or other resources to this project. If this announcement
generates sufficient interest, I plan to set up a conference call within
the next week or so to answer any additional questions that may arise.
Thanks,

Oliver Heyer
Manager, Learning Applications
Educational Technology Services