[Building Sakai] allowMultipleInstances - Tool Configuration Question

Brooke Biltimier brooke.biltimier at rsmart.com
Tue Jun 2 14:20:21 PDT 2009

I have noticed that the sakai.iframe.xml and sakai.news.xml tools have a new configuration option which is used in the code to allow multiple instances of the tool on sites. I believe this used to be hard coded to allow these tools to have multiple tools on a site.

<configuration name="allowMultipleInstances" value="true"/>

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-7209

My question is for those that upgraded from earlier version of sakai to sakai 2.6, are you seeing any issues added multiple instances of these tools. This seems to work fine on our new instances but not upgraded instances.

Brooke