[Building Sakai] SAK-12126: Deleting a collection containingsub-collections leaves top level ContentCollection in place

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 30 07:56:45 PDT 2009

Hi Mark,

AFAIK this fix is in 2-5-x as per:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16661

Are you using a current 2-5-x and still seeing the problem?

Cheers
Stephen

>>> Mark Norton <markjnorton at earthlink.net> 7/30/2009 4:35 PM >>>
Jim:

I'm working on integrating the SoftChalk content authoring tool into
Sakai via a REST interface.  Among the requirements to make this work is
deleting a collection.  I'm currently working in the 2.5.x branch and I
ran smack into the SAK-12126 bug that leaves the top level folder in
place after a delete operation if it contains sub-folders.  This is
quite repeatable in the Resources tool.  There is an indication in Jira
that this was fixed in 2.6.  Can you verify that?  Is there a patch for
2.5.x?  Is there a work around?

I tried all sorts of things, including recursively deleting all members,
but nothing worked.  This is a show stopper for me and I'm hoping that
you'll have a solution.

- Mark Norton