[Building Sakai] upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 30 01:47:52 PDT 2009

If you didn't have the OSP toolset in your 2.4 build, you might not have those particular realms.

You could probably just comment out those lines in the conversion script. If you are using OSP, someone on the OSP list could describe the possible issues in more detail. Basically those lines are adjusting default permissions for particular OSP-related templates.

If you're moving from a 2.4 to 2.5 database, you should be able to run the conversion script on the 2.4 database then startup Sakai without auto.ddl, as the schema changes should have been taken care of by the conversion script.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290
>>> Patrick Coleman <pat at bluedog.net> 7/29/2009 10:16 PM >>>

I've tried this before and got no where so I'm going to try again....

I have sakai 2.4.x running under mysql 4.1.22 on OS X 10.4

I'm trying to upgrade to sakai 2.5 running under mysql 5.0.83 running on OS
X 10.5

I download sakai_2_4_0-2_5_0_mysql_conversion.sql to convert the DB.

I first dumped the DB from sakai 2.4 and import it into sakai 2.5

(one thing I'm not clear on. Should I run sakai 2.5 with auto.ddl=true and
then import the
DB dump or just import it?)

After this I run the conversion script on mysql with the -f parameter and I
get 63 errors like

ERROR 1048 (23000) at line 567: Column 'REALM_KEY' cannot be null

This is on lines that look like...

INSERT INTO SAKAI_REALM_RL_FN VALUES((select REALM_KEY from SAKAI_REALM
where REALM_ID = '!group.template.portfolio'), (select ROLE_KEY from
SAKAI_REALM_ROLE where ROLE_NAME = 'CIG Coordinator'), (select FUNCTION_KEY
from SAKAI_REALM_FUNCTION where FUNCTION_NAME = 'osp.style.globalPublish'));

There is no  REALM_ID = '!group.template.portfolio' in SAKAI_REALM?

So null is returned and SAKAI_REALM_RL_FN has 3 fields that can't be null.
So can anyone tell me how to upgrade Sakai?

Thanks.

Pat.