[Building Sakai] SakaiAdminX building Quartz job

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Jul 29 06:25:47 PDT 2009

SakaiAdminX's trunk poms assume a pre-Kernel (K1) world and reference
M2 as the <version> of the parent Sakai base pom.  Dropping this tool
into a 2.6.0 source folder, adjusting SakaiAdminX's /quartz/pom.xml to
reference the 2.6.0 base pom (<version>2.6.0</version>) rather than M2
is problematic since all the pre-kernel dependencies SakaiAdminX
desires are no longer referenced in the 2.6.0 master/pom.xml (the
parent of the Sakai base pom).

If you want to get your hands dirty you can revise the poms in a
manner similar to SiteStats 2.x, which uses Maven profiles to handle
pre-Kernel (e.g., 2.5) and Kernel (2.6) bindings.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/ufp/sitestats/tags/sitestats_2-0-rc1/pom.xml

Otherwise, I recommend writing Steve Swinsburg and asking him to
adjust SakaiAdminX's pom's so that it builds cleanly for both 2.5 and
2.6, whether using the profile approach or creating separate branches
for 2.5 and 2.6 versions of SakaiAdminX (and tagging from there).

Finally, if SakaiAdminX's trunk code is ready for prime time it should
be tagged so that deployers do not have to rely on an unstable trunk
version.

Cheers,

Anth

<parent>
     	<artifactId>base</artifactId>
     	<groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
     	<version>2.6.0</version>
     	<relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

__________________________________

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0">
     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
     <name>SakaiAdminX Scheduler Base</name>
     <groupId>uk.ac.lancs.e_science</groupId>
     <artifactId>sakaiadminx-scheduler-base</artifactId>

     <organization>
         <name>Lancaster University, Centre for e-Science</name>
         <url>http://e-science.lancs.ac.uk</url>
     </organization>
     <inceptionYear>2008</inceptionYear>

     <version>0.1</version>
     <packaging>pom</packaging>

     <parent>
     	<artifactId>base</artifactId>
     	<groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
     	<version>M2</version>
     	<relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
   	</parent>

     <modules>
         <module>pack</module>
         <module>scheduler-jobs</module>
     </modules>

     <!-- handles the management of all related dependencies -->
     <dependencyManagement>
         <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>uk.ac.lancs.e_science</groupId>
             	<artifactId>sakaiadminx-scheduler-jobs</artifactId>
                 <version>0.1</version>
             </dependency>
           </dependencies>
     </dependencyManagement>