[Building Sakai] adding more fields to New Account user tool

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Jul 28 05:25:59 PDT 2009

You could also just create your own front-end form (in a simple jsp or php or even javascript/html) and then use the REST and/or SOAP webservices to create and populate the user account and/or profile, and log the user in automatically.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290
>>> Adrian Fish <a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk> 7/28/2009 2:22 PM >>>
Hi,

I'd use the profile tool for the extra stuff. Capture the basics in the
new account tool and encourage people to populate their profile. You
could use the default profile tool, or you could have a look at the
Profile 2 work at
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PROFILE/Profile2.

Modifying the new account tool will be quite complex I'd imagine.

Cheers,

Adrian.

nduduzo nkala wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I want to add more fields on the new user account e.g student id,
> address etc... i want to be able to put the complete student
> information on the create new user form, so i'm able to use sakai to
> register my students and not get information from another system....

Adrian Fish
Software Engineer
Centre for e-Science
Bowland Tower South C Floor